Your Mid-Year Check-up!
I love June! I always have, even as a young child. I love the warmer weather, the beginning of summer, and maybe because it’s my birthday month! On the flip side, for those of us who set yearly goals, we start to realize that half of the year is over and we haven’t made the progress that we so sincerely intended at the beginning of the year. Have you ever felt that way? I thought June would be a good time for a “mid-year check-up” on those goals. But, what about those of you who didn’t even set goals for this year? It’s not too late! It’s hard to win if you aren’t in the game. So stop watching from the sidelines and jump in and play! And to my baby boomers, it’s never too late to set a goal!
Take the Mid-year Check-up!
June is a very important month — it’s the half-way marker for the year and the perfect time to do a mid-year check-up! When was the last time you really checked in with yourself? Here are 10 questions you need to ask yourself today to do your “mid-year check-up.”
1. Are my goals prioritized?
2. Have I defined measureable outcomes?
3. Do I write down tasks and deadlines?
4. Have I broken down my goals into monthly and weekly objectives?
5. Am I enlisting support from those who will hold me accountable?
6. Have I committed the necessary resources?
7. Do I reward myself for small triumphs?
8. Have I visualized what success looks like?
9. Do I conduct regular progress reviews?
10. Do I make course corrections as needed?
Give yourself one point for every “yes” answer.
8 – 10 points
Begin planning your victory party.
5 – 7 points
More focused action will return even bigger payoffs.
1 – 4 points
Are you really committed to your goals?
As a coach, I require every client to WRITE down their goals. That’s a great start, but in order to super-charge your goals, you need to utilize your imagination and emotion. Some of the actions that can help with this are:
• Review your goals daily
• Visualize your goals daily
• Make a vision board with pictures representing your goals
• Do affirmations
And, please don’t give up! If you need help setting and achieving goals, I can help you. As a Certified Life Coach and Healthy Aging Consultant, I help people set and achieve goals for their life, their health and their career. I offer a one-hour Complementary Consultation for new clients and specialize in working with those over 50.
Quote of the Month
“If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.”
~Jim Rohn Entrepreneur, motivational author and speaker